I am an adventure seeking wife and mother first! Travel, and endorphins are my best friends. I will try anything once, unless I know
I would be in danger. I have a crazy love of God, running, triathlon, the outdoors, dirt, wine, friends, good Vegan food, Yoga,
animals, happiness, and life! I truly believe the only limits in life are the ones set by ourselves. So get out there and expand the limits!!
~~Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Creamy Avocado Pasta


It's been a while since I have posted a recipe.  So I thought I would post one that I supplied to Runners World for my Vegan article.  It is a quick, delicious and nutritious meal.
It's no secret that I absolutely adore avacados.  I put them in smoothies, on vegan burgers, make chocolate pudding from them, mash them and put them in my hair, put them on toast for breakfast, make salad dressing from them.....You name it, for me avo's have a place everywhere.
Easy ingredients
Easy ingredients
  • 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
  • 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was super garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt, PLUS salt for the water
  • ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil snipped right from my patio
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used Quinoa curly pasta because that's what I had on hand.  I usually use Quinoa spaghetti)
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Untitled
Bring water to a boil in a pot.  (Salt your water as you would normally cooking pasta) Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente.
Meanwhile, make the sauce by adding garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse and place pasta into a bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper.
Serves 2
photo copy 3
I love how green everything is
I Love How Fresh and Green Everything Looks

No comments:

Post a Comment