I am an adventure seeking wife and mother first! Travel, and endorphins are my best friends. I will try anything once, unless I know
I would be in danger. I have a crazy love of God, running, triathlon, the outdoors, dirt, wine, friends, good Vegan food, Yoga,
animals, happiness, and life! I truly believe the only limits in life are the ones set by ourselves. So get out there and expand the limits!!
~~Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.


Sunday, June 2, 2013

Kind of Like The Oscars....but German


And what, I'm sure you are wondering, is the Liebster Blog Award?  I did some looking around, searching, Googling (YES, I Googled) to find out exactly what is is.  Liebser is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Basically, it's a "favorite" blog site award.  The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  It's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.  A way to "pay it forward"
images-2

Now for the fun part and the rules of this award.
  • Recognizing the awesome blogger that nominated you!
  • Write 11 things about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
  • Nominate new bloggers!
  • Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
    Here we go~~   Eleven Things About Me

1. I am a neat freak, like organization and hate being late to anything.  (Since being a wife and Mother I have had to pretty much give up on that last one.....ok maybe all of them, but life is so much sweeter since)
2. I am a window shopaholic and cannot go into a store for only the ONE thing I went in for to begin with.
3.  I have been a runner most of my life.  It's my passion.  I have done 20-plus 1/2 Marathons, 2 full Marathons, Sprint Tri's, Oly Tri and 2 Ironman Triathlons.  I plan on running until I can no longer move.
4. I always manage to see the positive in every single person I meet, regardless of the situation and circumstance.
5. Most things can be solved over a box of Swedish Fish or Hot Tamales.
6. It's impossible for me to take only one picture when photographing something.  Kind of like eating a french fry....it is simply impossible to eat just one.
7. I love reading and at any given time, am usually reading 2-3 books at a time (sometimes more)
8. I think laughter is the most amazing sound I have ever heard....and thank goodness, because in this family there is NO LACK of it!
9. Shoes!  Enough said!
10. I may, or may not, have a slight closet video game obsession.
11. I love traveling and different cultures.  This is a huge planet with such diversity.  I want to see and experience as much of it as I possibly can.

The 11 Things Running Unplugged Asked Me

1.  If you were Superman, what would your Kryptonite be?
~This was an easy one...definitely, without a doubt, Dark Chocolate. Absolutely irresistible!!!
2.  How many pairs of running shoes do you have?  Which is your favorite?
~Eight pairs.  My Newtons are by far my faves!
3.  If you were given 2 free plane tickets to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you?
~Who I woud take is easy.  My best friend, and adventure seeking side-kick, Greg, the Hubster. Where would we go?  Dubai.
4.  Science Fiction or Romantic Comedy?
~ Romantic Comedy...not much of a SciFi girl.
5.  What color is your car?
~Red
6.  What is the last book you read, and did you like it?
~Last book I finished was Sensible Shoes by Sharon Garlough Brown.  I read it while in Costa Rica.  I was fantastic!  I am  currently reading Forgotten God by Francis Chan
7.  If you won the lottery you would…
~Honestly I don't think much would change for me (us)  Pay off the only bill we have (our mortgage) Travel a little more.  Really the biggest thing would be the hundreds of ways to be able to help those in need in our community and around the world.
8.  Who is your favorite superhero?
~The Man of Steel
9.  Did you grow up in a small town/rural area, suburb/medium sized town, or in a big city?
~Small town in NorCal.
10.  What was your favorite thing to do or place to go when you were 10?  Would it still be fun if you did it today?
Probably going to the skating rink.  I loved to skate, and would meet my friends (and boys HaHa) and skate all the time.  I still think it is a blast now.  In fact when I get the chance I still go.
11.  What is one item on your bucket list?
~Take a pilgrimage on the Camino De Santiago  (actually the Hubster and I will be doing this for our 20 year anniversary in a couple short years)

Unknown


List of Bloggers I am Nominating


 My Questions For You Incredible Bloggers
1. What is your favorite book of ALL time?
2. What is a new skill or something you have learned to do recently?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money wasn't an object, where would you go and why?
4. What is your favorite sport to watch either live or on TV?
5. Three favorite hobbies?
6. One thing you hope to pass on to the next generation?
7. What is your favorite season and why?
8. Your biggest goal for this year?
9. How do you un-stress or un-complicate your life?
10. Where did you grow up and your favorite childhood memory?
11. Favorite junk food or pig-out food?
images-1
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment