I am an adventure seeking wife and mother first! Travel, and endorphins are my best friends. I will try anything once, unless I know
I would be in danger. I have a crazy love of God, running, triathlon, the outdoors, dirt, wine, friends, good Vegan food, Yoga,
animals, happiness, and life! I truly believe the only limits in life are the ones set by ourselves. So get out there and expand the limits!!
~~Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.


Friday, June 7, 2013

....And We're Off

** Don't forget I have moved to: www.sportymamalife.com **


Unknown
It's Friday!  Last minute goodies have been picked up, immunizations (OUCH) have been injected, antibiotics have been picked up!  In 24 short hours we will be boarding a plane for Honduras! Today is packing day!
As this trip has been building so has my anticipation, excitement, and elation.  I am a complete wad of emotion today.  God has a way of doing that to me.  And when you know that this is exactly the will of God, and exactly where you should be beyond a shadow of a doubt...that's got some power behind it.
I have so much fun talking with people about this trip this past week.   Here are some things I have heard....
"Ya know as American's we have so much.  But we always want more, always....man, we have so much to be thankful for, and really need nothing more.  We really have NOTHING to complain about, do we?"
So true!
"This is going to give you such a different perspective on life, as you leave the comforts of home (which we often take for granted) and serve in this desperately poverty-stricken area.  You my friend, will never be the same."
Counting on it!
"Be prayerful about the fact that you may feel a little guilt as you leave your job site everyday, knowing what you are doing for this sweet family (and their current situation)...as you go back to your hotel."
So true!
"God is going to use you, Greg and your whole team, in such a huge and impactful way."
So incredibly true!
"You will be so changed by this experience!"
Already have been!
And a quote sent to me by a sweet friend,   "No one grows up hoping someday they'll be typical. Get back to leading that inexplicable life you were aiming for."
As I pack, I find myself a little teary-eyed, overflowing with so much thankfulness and joy.  I am grateful that we (our team) are willing to take this incredible leap of faith together.  To reach across geographical and cultural boundaries sharing sensitivity, warmth, love, tenderness, kindness....humanity.  I am praying...
God may every single thing we do on this trip be for your glory.  May the lives of these Hondurans be forever changed by Your love, care and compassion.  And that we are the best representation of that love and compassion.  Keep our teams safe, healthy and full of endurance for this job.  And Lord, thank you for showing me so long ago, to never, ever,  take anything in my life for granted.
IMG_1 copy
A Whole Different Kind of "cosmetic bag"
IMG_1
Hammer, check! Tape measure, check! Work gloves, check! Say what.....??
~Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. -Galatians 6:9
~Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  -Hebrews 12:1
“Christ wants not nibblers of the possible, but grabbers of the impossible.” — C.T. Studd

No comments:

Post a Comment