I am an adventure seeking wife and mother first! Travel, and endorphins are my best friends. I will try anything once, unless I know
I would be in danger. I have a crazy love of God, running, triathlon, the outdoors, dirt, wine, friends, good Vegan food, Yoga,
animals, happiness, and life! I truly believe the only limits in life are the ones set by ourselves. So get out there and expand the limits!!
~~Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Roasted Cinnamon Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

After an absolutely amazing morning with some really extraordinary friends and a workout….ahem….deep water pool run…I decided to come home today and make a comfort food.  For me, this is always a favorite, and mixing in some sweet spices was just the icing on the cake.  This is a way to get a little sweet treat alongside a little protein.
photoRoasted Cinnamon Vanilla Bean Almond Butter
2 Cups of raw almonds roasted
1 Vanilla Bean, sliced and scraped
1 tsp of unrefined sugar  I used organic cane sugar
1/2 tsp course sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (you can add more to taste.  I like just a hint)
photo 2
Sweet vanilla bean mixed with course sea salt.
Preheat oven to 350 and spread almonds on cookie sheet making sure they aren't overlapping.  Roast them for 10-12 minutes.
Remove and allow nuts to cool.  They will heat up in the processor, so I allow them to cool about 30 minutes.
photo 2 copy
Look at that gorgeous roasted color
Place almonds into food processor and process until a smooth butter starts to form. (This could take 10-15 minutes depending on your processor)  photo 1 copy
Add in sugar (optional) vanilla bean, sea salt and cinnamon.  Process until butter is smooth and creamy.
*Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment