I am an adventure seeking wife and mother first! Travel, and endorphins are my best friends. I will try anything once, unless I know
I would be in danger. I have a crazy love of God, running, triathlon, the outdoors, dirt, wine, friends, good Vegan food, Yoga,
animals, happiness, and life! I truly believe the only limits in life are the ones set by ourselves. So get out there and expand the limits!!
~~Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.


Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Can't Get Enough-Pumpkin French Toast


I don't know about you, but something comes over me this time of year.  It's this crazy force that makes me want to have Pumpkin.....EVERYTHING!  Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin creamer (homemade) pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pudding, pumpkin pancakes....I mean lets face it, if I could incorporate pumpkin into every aspect of my life, I most certainly would.  I'm obsessed.  I have been in the kitchen this week cooking up a whole-lotta pumpkin...
And how about the beauty outside right now?  Wow!  I'm just taking in all of this gorgeous weather and extraordinary fall colors right now.
photo
Pumpkin French Toast
1 cup of pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cups of almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
2 TBSP cornstarch
2 tsp cinnamon 
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 TBSP dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 stale Baguette sliced into 1 inch thick slices (I always go into the bakery and ask for a day old, preferably 2 day old baguette, or you can "stale" it yourself in your oven) *If you don't get stale baguette the inside could be mushy after cooking.
Mix together all ingredients.  Place baguette slices into baking dish.  Pour pumpkin mixture onto bread and coat evenly.  
Preheat griddle, cook baguette about 5 minutes, flip and cook other side.  They should be golden to medium brown when cooked through.
Serve drizzled with cinnamon non-dairy butter,  warm syrup and coconut milk whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment